We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to work within our small but highly efficient team in the USA.
The ideal candidate for this position has extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes and will be responsible for designing and implementing new product and process improvements. We are looking for a dedicated Manufacturing Leader who is eager to take on challenges and is eager for new challenges. If you want to help make the world safer, healthier and more productive, please contact us.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform mechanical engineering functions as they relate to existing machines and processes, tooling and product realization.
- Lead efforts on selection, introduction and installation of new technology and processes within manufacturing, with a particular emphasis on automation (i.e. material handling and part conveyance, welding automation and robotics, new press/forming equipment, and/or tooling, etc.) to address needs for capacity growth within the business. Supporting the capital expenditure process (CapEx) to secure cost savings justification/analysis and approval for these initiatives.
- Development and maintenance of processes and standard work instructions, safe work practices and risk assessments, as well as tooling selection, wear and replacement/maintenance requirements.
- Prepare and interprets blueprints, schematic drawings, standards, tooling requirements, process and equipment layouts, necessary product documentation, and other visual aids – effectively communicates (and updates) these requirements to all operations personnel, as required.
- Lead CNC drill and tap processes and programming to ensure continuous improvements: including fixturing, tooling selection and programming.
- Coordinate with product engineering regarding design and process changes, and/or revision changes, to ensure all aspects of tooling, documentation, quality gauging and related systems are kept up to date.
- Participate in, and/or lead, supplier development and approval, as needed.
- Understand machine operations, troubleshooting and improvement activities, as required.
- Maintains working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
- Responsible for evaluating current work processes to determine the workflow, time requirements (standards) and costs. Furthermore, develops strategies and programs that improve the productivity and efficiency of the various work processes within the operation.
- Understands and actively utilizes Lean Manufacturing principles and 5S organization systems.
- Instructs others in continuous process improvements, including the use of various problem solving and productivity techniques such as process mapping, lean manufacturing and 80/20 principles.
- Travel as needed, less than 15% of the time.
Technical/Work Based Competencies
- Ability to perform well in a team based environment
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and use technical equipment
- Methodical and efficient
- Good numeracy and computer skills
- Working knowledge of Word or Excel an advantage
- Fork lift licence not essential but preferred. You must be willing to be trained.
- First aid qualification would be desirable but not essential
Key Personal Competencies
Integrity: Show positive, ethical behaviours and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work effectively with colleagues and customers.
Dedication: Maintain a professional approach and a willingness to focus on excellence and commitment to the job.
Intelligence: Have an open mind and develop outstanding skills.
Imagination: Take a proactive approach to work and to problem solving.
- Ensure work processes and products meet specification set out by the Company with reference to the Quality Policy, Audit standards and Standard Operating Procedures etc.
- Adhere to internal Quality systems and audits.
- Ensure working practice is to industry standards such as ISO and API.
- Work in a manner that minimizes negative environmental impacts and conserves energy and that is compliant with environment procedures and laws.
- Understand and comply with any environmental signs, posters, warning signals and written directions.
- Understand and follow all safe standard operating procedures and specific guidelines on usage of chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Ensure all environmental waste is streamed through the correct waste process and disposed of in the designated area.
- Inform and report all environmental incidents and potential hazards e.g. spills immediately.
Health and Safety Security Competencies
- Use equipment, practices and procedures which promote a healthy, safe and secure work environment for you and your colleagues.
- Understand and follow established personal health and safety and security practices.
- Ensure that any equipment is being used safely and follow all safe systems of work practices.
- Comply with local, government and company health, safety, security and environmental regulations.
- Identify unsafe or unsecure conditions and take corrective action by immediately reporting any incident or near miss.
- Understand use of Personal Protective Equipment and Clothing and utilise in designated areas.
Hours of work
Current schedule is Monday-Thursday 5:00-5:00.
Renumeration and holidays
Excellent compensation package including 100% employee medical insurance premium paid (eligible the first of the month following your date of hire), 11 paid holidays, 80 hours paid time off per calendar year, profit sharing, GREAT atmosphere and company culture.
These are direct hire, not temporary, seasonal or contract positions.
Applying for the role
In the first instance, please apply to Centek via HR (Nadine.Key@centekgroup.com) with your CV/Covering letter.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.