Tool Room Supervisor
The Tool Room Supervisor will support the company’s tooling, fixturing and gauge requirements: providing new tooling, custom parts, modifications, repairs and project developments as requested by Centek’s Engineering and Production departments.
The Supervisor should have the necessary experience to enable them to promote teamwork, supervise toolroom staff and apprentices and plan for the most efficient use of manpower and plant. They should be experienced in prioritising work for a busy department.
- Providing quality new tooling, jigs & fixtures and development projects using all available resources of the tool room; a combination of flexible, more traditional, manual machines and high production CADCAM CNC machining facilities.
- Repairing, modifying and updating current tooling/fixtures etc. as required.
- Using and training others in the use of measuring equipment, machining processes and CAD/CAM systems.
- Reading and accepting engineering drawings (Solidworks) reviewing limits, fits and material requirements in order to determine what has to be produced.
- Liaising with engineers to understand problems/needs with tooling and to advise best machining methods.
- Communicating on status of work and being proactive in managing demands to provide materials for orders in a timely manner.
- Running an apprentice programme to develop the next generation of Centek Toolmakers. Coaching, supporting and mentoring apprentices from NVQ to HNC level.
- Ensure that all production requirements are efficiently carried out to guarantee minimum downtime.
- Controlling and sourcing tools, equipment, materials and sub-contracting (Heat treatment, stock material, consumables etc.).
- Becoming the 5S toolroom lead regarding housekeeping and ensure 5S is maintained
- Taking responsibility for the health and safety of the toolroom, ensuring all documentation is kept up to date and attending H&S meetings.
Technical/Work based competencies:
- Supervisory Skills
- The ability to share knowledge with apprentices and others.
- Excellent machine experience to include manual Bridgeports, Lathes and Milling machines.
- Ability to read complex 2D drawings
- CNC experience - OneCNC & Edgecam, HAAS CNC.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks CAD, Draftsite CAD & Microsoft Office suit.
- Good knowledge of 5S
- An understanding of 6 Sigma, lean manufacturing skills
- Ability to understand a range of engineering information from any source, e.g. machine suppliers and possess the technical ability to converse with both customer and supplier as required.
Key Personal Competencies:
- Integrity: Show positive, ethical behaviours and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work effectively with colleagues and customers.
- Dedication: Maintain a professional approach and a willingness to focus on excellence and commitment to the job.
- Intelligence: Have an open mind and develop outstanding skills.
- Imagination: Take a proactive approach to work and to problem solving.
- Ensure work processes and products meet specification set out by the Company with reference to the Quality Policy, Audit standards and Standard Operating Procedures etc.
- Adhere to internal Quality systems and audits.
- Ensure working practice is to industry standards such as ISO and API.
- Work in a manner that minimises negative environmental impacts and conserves energy and that is compliant with environment procedures and laws.
- Understand and comply with any environmental signs, posters, warning signals and written directions.
- Understand and follow all safe standard operating procedures and specific guidelines on usage of chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Ensure all environmental waste is streamed through the correct waste process and disposed of in the designated area.
- Inform and report all environmental incidents and potential hazards e.g. spills immediately.
Health and Safety Security Competencies:
- Use equipment, practices and procedures which promote a healthy, safe and secure work environment for you and your colleagues.
- Understand and follow established personal health and safety and security practices.
- Ensure that any equipment is being used safely and follow all safe systems of work practices.
- Comply with local, government and company health, safety, security and environmental regulations.
- Identify unsafe or unsecure conditions and take corrective action by immediately reporting any incident or near miss.
- Understand use of Personal Protective Equipment and Clothing and utilise in designated areas.
Product Development Manager
Hours of work:
7.30am – 4pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
Applying for the role:
In the first instance, please apply via email@example.com with your CV/Covering letter. All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.