Senior Design Engineer/Deputy Engineering Manager (Dual role)
A rewarding opportunity has arisen for a motivated and talented person to join the Centek Team in Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
The business needs to accelerate the changes required to operate in a very challenging and unforgiving market, where customer focused innovation, standardization, business agility and delivering on commitments will be key. With this in mind the role of Senior Design Engineer/Deputy Engineering Manager is being created by the business in order to accelerate that change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Design Engineer/ Deputy Engineering Manager will carry out the following functions:
- Responsible for a team of design engineers. Overseeing Product Development including design, development and project completion.
- Will manage the data base of all Engineering related documentation within the current system (Sharepoint) and ensure that all Manufacturing locations are aligned in terms of standards, specifications and procedures and their respective revisions.
- Responsible for Engineering standards, specifications and procedures and maintenance/enforcement to ensure a ‘Global’ standard across all facilities.
- Be the primary contact for all customer related engineering enquiries and will coordinate all responses to both internal and external customers.
- Will manage the engineering team working with the Innovation team during product development to ensure that upon launching of new products all documentation including but not limited to procedures, design drawings, spec sheets, QA/QC, HSE, etc are up to date ready for production in the relevant location.
- Will be the ‘key’ point of contact and be responsible for all offshore manufacturing engineering compliance in our partner facilities.
- Working with the Product Coordination Engineer will assist in analysing feasibility, cost, timelines for new product introductions in offshore partner facilities.
- Will develop detailed and easy to understand product metrics to enable the business to analyse the sales, production and innovation trends.
- Will manage the above tasks using project management tools, developing clear and concise reports for the business in order to allow the business to make informed decisions.
- Will support Sales and the Engineering Manager with End User communication, presentations and site visits where required.
- Will support the Global Product Manager where required.
- Will be expected to further his/her own technical knowledge with the latest innovations and seek out opportunities for the business.
Technical/Work Based Competencies:
- Thorough understanding of Engineering design protocols, processes and how to project manage through from concept to completion.
- Competent in design software applications such as Solid Works.
- Familiar with working in a team of multi-discipline capability
- Support sales with technical and engineering knowledge.
- Good IT skills pertaining to Solidworks, Excel, Word and Centek internal systems (e.g. Winman, Sharepoint, etc).
- Good knowledge of tooling design would be an advantage.
Key Personal Competencies:
Integrity: Show positive, ethical behaviours and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work effectively with colleagues and customers.
Dedication: Maintain a professional approach and a willingness to focus on excellence and commitment to the job.
Intelligence: Have an open mind and develop outstanding skills.
Imagination: Take a proactive approach to work and to problem solving.
- Ensure work processes and products meet specification set out by the Company with reference to the Quality Policy, Audit standards and Standard Operating Procedures etc.
- Adhere to internal Quality systems and audits.
- Ensure working practice is to industry standards such as ISO and API.
- Work in a manner that minimises negative environmental impacts and conserves energy and that is compliant with environment procedures and laws.
- Understand and comply with any environmental signs, posters, warning signals and written directions.
- Understand and follow all safe standard operating procedures and specific guidelines on usage of chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Ensure all environmental waste is streamed through the correct waste process and disposed of in the designated area.
- Inform and report all environmental incidents and potential hazards e.g. spills immediately.
Health and Safety Security Competencies
- secure work environment for you and your colleagues.
- Understand and follow established personal health and safety and security practices.
- Ensure that any equipment is being used safely and follow all safe systems of work practices.
- Comply with local, government and company health, safety, security and environmental regulations.
- Identify unsafe or unsecure conditions and take corrective action by immediately reporting any incident or near miss.
- Understand use of Personal Protective Equipment and Clothing and utilise in designated areas.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Hours of work: 7.30am – 4pm (Monday to Friday)
Applying for the role:
In the first instance, please apply to Centek via HR (email@example.com) with your CV/Covering letter.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.