Sales Order and Shipping Coordinator
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong import/export experience to join a well established manufacturing company. Centek has sites in the UK and in Oklahoma and is part of Madison Energy.
The role entails working as a member of the larger Centek team in support of the Shipping Department. The successful candidate will be experienced in import/export shipping and will be able to liaise with all necessary parties to ensure that each order arrives to the customer on time. Excellent customer service and communication skills and the ability to perform well as a team member are all essential.
- Manage orders from start through to completion.
- Prepare and provide documentation to customers in accordance with the terms of shipment.
- Work with appointed freight forwarders to arrange bookings and obtain proof of export when necessary
- Organise Air, Sea and Road Import/Export as required.
- Communicate with existing customers via telephone and email, demonstrating a high level of customer service awareness to establish and meet customer needs and expectations.
- Negotiate rates with freight forwarders to maximise profits and reduce costs.
- Liaise with all relevant internal departments concerning orders to ensure successful completion (warehouse/production etc).
- Ensure timely invoicing of orders once despatched.
- Raise proformas and packing specifications as required.
- Apply correct Incoterms,
- Work closely with the Finance team providing information for invoicing on a timely basis
- Ability to understand and apply Incoterms, preferably 2020
- Computer literate – able to work with Winman, MS Office, Sharepoint and Customer portals
- Good attention to detail; delivering efficient and accurate work
- Ability to learn quickly and absorb information about products and business processes
- Must be able to manage priorities; dealing with many orders at any one time at various stages of the process
- Numerate – ability to interpret price lists, discounts, currency and exchange rates
- Background in shipping (Import/Export) desirable
Key Personal Competencies:
Integrity: Show positive, ethical behaviours and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work effectively with colleagues and customers.
Dedication: Maintain a professional approach and a willingness to focus on excellence and commitment to the job.
Intelligence: Have an open mind and develop outstanding skills.
Imagination: Take a proactive approach to work and to problem solving.
- Ensure work processes and products meet specification set out by the Company with reference to the Quality Policy, Audit standards and Standard Operating Procedures etc.
- Adhere to internal Quality systems and audits.
- Ensure working practice is to industry standards such as ISO and API.
- Work in a manner that minimises negative environmental impacts and conserves energy and that is compliant with environment procedures and laws.
- Understand and comply with any environmental signs, posters, warning signals and written directions.
- Understand and follow all safe standard operating procedures and specific guidelines on usage of chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Ensure all environmental waste is streamed through the correct waste process and disposed of in the designated area.
- Inform and report all environmental incidents and potential hazards e.g. spills immediately.
Health and Safety Security Competencies:
- Use equipment, practices and procedures which promote a healthy, safe and secure work environment for you and your colleagues.
- Understand and follow established personal health and safety and security practices.
- Ensure that any equipment is being used safely and follow all safe systems of work practices.
- Comply with local, government and company health, safety, security and environmental regulations.
- Identify unsafe or unsecure conditions and take corrective action by immediately reporting any incident or near miss.
- Understand use of Personal Protective Equipment and Clothing and utilise in designated areas.
Reporting to: VP General Manager UK Operations
Hours of work: 8.30am – 4.30pm (Monday to Friday)
Applying for the role:
In the first instance, please apply via HR with your CV/Covering letter by post or via email@example.com. All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.