Production Associate 1st & 2nd Shift
We are looking for skilled and experienced manufacturing associates to join our precision manufacturing team. 1st & 2nd shift available
Ideally, successful candidates will possess some level of manufacturing experience, with backgrounds in CNC machining, metal-forming operations, assembly, machine operations, MIG/TIG welding or general manufacturing, and thrive in environments dedicated to teamwork, quality control, continuous improvement, and lean manufacturing. Training is available for candidates who feel they have the right work ethic, character and team focus; who want to learn and grow with us. If you want to help make the world safer, healthier and more productive, please contact us.
We are a drug free workplace and equal opportunity employer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- CNC machining
- Metal-forming operations
- Assembly and machine operations
- MIG/TIG welding or general manufacturing
- Ensure that work area is clean and tidy and free from hazards
- Support other areas of manufacturing as required
Technical/Work Based Competencies
- Ability to perform well in a team based environment
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and use technical equipment
- Methodical and efficient
- Good numeracy and computer skills
- Working knowledge of Word or Excel an advantage
- Fork lift licence not essential but preferred. You must be willing to be trained.
- First aid qualification would be desirable but not essential
Key Personal Competencies
Integrity: Show positive, ethical behaviours and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work effectively with colleagues and customers.
Dedication: Maintain a professional approach and a willingness to focus on excellence and commitment to the job.
Intelligence: Have an open mind and develop outstanding skills.
Imagination: Take a proactive approach to work and to problem solving.
- Ensure work processes and products meet specification set out by the Company with reference to the Quality Policy, Audit standards and Standard Operating Procedures etc.
- Adhere to internal Quality systems and audits.
- Ensure working practice is to industry standards such as ISO and API.
- Work in a manner that minimizes negative environmental impacts and conserves energy and that is compliant with environment procedures and laws.
- Understand and comply with any environmental signs, posters, warning signals and written directions.
- Understand and follow all safe standard operating procedures and specific guidelines on usage of chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Ensure all environmental waste is streamed through the correct waste process and disposed of in the designated area.
- Inform and report all environmental incidents and potential hazards e.g. spills immediately.
Health and Safety Security Competencies
- Use equipment, practices and procedures which promote a healthy, safe and secure work environment for you and your colleagues.
- Understand and follow established personal health and safety and security practices.
- Ensure that any equipment is being used safely and follow all safe systems of work practices.
- Comply with local, government and company health, safety, security and environmental regulations.
- Identify unsafe or unsecure conditions and take corrective action by immediately reporting any incident or near miss.
- Understand use of Personal Protective Equipment and Clothing and utilise in designated areas.
Hours of work
Current schedule is Monday-Thursday 5:00-5:00.
Renumeration and holidays
Excellent compensation package including 100% employee medical insurance premium paid (eligible the first of the month following your date of hire), 11 paid holidays, 80 hours paid time off per calendar year, profit sharing, GREAT atmosphere and company culture.
These are direct hire, not temporary, seasonal or contract positions.
Applying for the role
In the first instance, please apply to Centek via HR (Nadine.Key@centekgroup.com) with your CV/Covering letter.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.