Opportunity for Machinist / Toolmaker with Centek Toolroom Team
A rewarding opportunity has arisen for a motivated and talented person to join the Centek Toolroom Team.
Working with a small dedicated team in our in-house toolroom, the individual will be expected to support the company’s day to day requirements in the most efficient manner. Providing new tooling, custom parts and project developments to our Engineering and Production departments. This position would ideally suit a time served machinist/toolmaker with all-around tool room experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide quality new tooling using Cad/Cam software, CNC and manual machines.
- To repair and update current tooling as required by our Engineering and Production departments.
- Manufacture jigs & fixtures as required.
- Liaise with engineers to understand problems/needs with tooling and to advise best machining methods.
- General tool making tasks.
- Ensure that all production requirements are efficiently carried out to ensure minimum downtime.
Technical/Work Based Competencies:
- Cad/Cam, Solid works and Edge Cam.
- Multi-skilled with excellent machining skills and good relevant experience
- Good experience of engineering drawings
- Attention to detail and accuracy, particularly on close tolerance work.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Good organisational skills
Key Personal Competencies:
Integrity: Show positive, ethical behaviours and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work effectively with colleagues and customers.
Dedication: Maintain a professional approach and a willingness to focus on excellence and commitment to the job.
Intelligence: Have an open mind and develop outstanding skills.
Imagination: Take a proactive approach to work and to problem solving.
- Ensure work processes and products meet specification set out by the Company with reference to the Quality Policy, Audit standards and Standard Operating Procedures etc.
- Adhere to internal Quality systems and audits.
- Ensure working practice is to industry standards such as ISO and API.
- Work in a manner that minimises negative environmental impacts and conserves energy and that is compliant with environment procedures and laws.
- Understand and comply with any environmental signs, posters, warning signals and written directions.
- Understand and follow all safe standard operating procedures and specific guidelines on usage of chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Ensure all environmental waste is streamed through the correct waste process and disposed of in the designated area.
- Inform and report all environmental incidents and potential hazards e.g. spills immediately.
Health and Safety Security Competencies
- Use equipment, practices and procedures which promote a healthy, safe and secure work environment for you and your colleagues.
- Understand and follow established personal health and safety and security practices.
- Ensure that any equipment is being used safely and follow all safe systems of work practices.
- Comply with local, government and company health, safety, security and environmental regulations.
- Identify unsafe or unsecure conditions and take corrective action by immediately reporting any incident or near miss.
- Understand use of Personal Protective Equipment and Clothing and utilise in designated areas.
Reporting to: Toolroom Supervisor
Hours of work: 7.30am – 4pm (Monday to Friday)
Applying for the role:
In the first instance, please apply to Centek via HR (email@example.com) with your CV/Covering letter.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.