The post holder is responsible for Centek Ltd management accounts, including: Assisting in the daily, weekly and monthly reporting. Assisting in the preparation of the annual budget, fixed asset reconciliations, variance analysis, product costing and maintenance and control of standard and current costs for both materials and labour, for new and existing products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reports – Assists in daily, weekly and monthly financial-based reports for management as necessary
- Centek Inc. – Liaise with Centek Inc. Management Accountant in accounting matters pertaining to the business and assist in prepayment & accruals
- WinMan – to assist in the regular update of the WinMan system throughout the company. To offer support and advice on WinMan and development matters
- To take joint responsibility for UK Management Accounts, including management of Nominal Ledger posting and all supporting schedules
- Assist in preparing variance analysis on monthly basis including commentary
- Joint responsibility for the management of costing, budgeting and forecasting
- Ensuring correct capitalisation of fixed assets, maintenance of the depreciation schedule and monthly asset reconciliations
- Monthly VAT returns and other government statistics
- Monthly commission statements and calculations
- Cash Flow reporting and bank account reconciliations and posting on to WinMan
- Preparation of UK/US prepayments, accruals and associated balance sheet reconciliation
- Coordination of stock takes, stock movement & reconciliation of stocks
- To assist in preparing the annual budget and supporting schedules
- To assist in the preparation of UK Year End Accounting Pack
- To assist in preparing year end accounting schedules and liaise with company auditors
- Weekly Report - To collate and provide the weekly report of trading information to assist production in maintaining realised gross margins
- Prepare year end information to support the R&D tax claim
- Credit Control – to oversee the collection of debt from customers
- To monitor Centek’s accounting systems and ensure they are operated in line with Centek’s policies and procedures
- To be aware of and implement changes required as a result of changes to legislation and regulation of accounts being administered, including the statutory form of financial statements and disclosure requirements
- Provide cover during holiday periods for Financial Controller & the financial assistant
- Encourage and maintain inter-departmental co-operation
- Ensure that you demonstrate an example of good timekeeping to all others
- To comply with company rules and procedures as detailed in the Employee Handbook and other company policies.
Technical/Work Based Competencies:
- Highly computer literate and excellent numerical skills
- Professional and higher qualifications: at minimum qualified to AAT (to level 4)
- To have experience of a manufacturing environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and methodical approach to record keeping and reporting
- Ability to use Centek’s accounting administrative software systems, specifically Winman, and further software as deemed necessary to undertake the role
- Honesty and discretion when handling confidential financial information
- Self-motivated but equally work well in a team setting
- Strong customer service ethic
- Enjoy solving problems
Key Personal Competencies:
Integrity: Show positive, ethical behaviours and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work effectively with colleagues and customers
Dedication: Maintain a professional approach and a willingness to focus on excellence and commitment to the job at hand.
Intelligence: have an open mind and develop outstanding skills
Imagination: take a proactive approach to work and develop imaginative solutions to problem solving
- Ensure work processes and products meet quality specification set out by the Company, with reference to the Quality Policy, Audit standards and Standard Operating Procedures etc.
- Adhere to internal Quality systems and audits.
- Ensure working practice is to industry standards such as ISO and API
- Work in a manner that minimizes negative environmental impacts and conserves energy and that is compliant with environmental procedures and laws.
- Understand and comply with any environmental signs, posters, warnings signals, and written directions.
- Understand and follow all safe standard operating procedures and specific guidelines on usage of chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Ensure all environmental waste is streamed through the correct waste processes and disposed of in the designated area
- Inform and report all environmental incidents and potential hazards e.g. spills immediately.
Health, Safety and Security Competencies:
- Use equipment, practices and procedures which promote a healthy, safe and secure work environment for you and your colleagues.
- Understand and follow established personal health & safety and security practices.
- Ensure that any equipment is being used safely and follow all safe systems of work practices.
- Comply with local, government, and company health, safety, security, and environmental regulations.
- Identify unsafe or unsecure conditions and take corrective action by immediately reporting any incident or near miss.
- Understand use of Personal Protective Equipment and Clothing and utilize in designated areas.
Salary and Benefits:
Details of salary and full renumeration to be provided on application.
Applying for the role:
In the first instance please forward your CV by email to email@example.com