Factory Operative (night and day shifts available)
Rewarding opportunities have arisen for motivated and talented people to join the Centek Manufacturing Team.
These positions encompasses working as a member of the larger Centek manufacturing team completing varying aspects of the manufacturing process throughout various stages of the manufacturing life-cycle of our centralizers and stop-collars. The role requires evidenced ability to operate machinery, perform quality control, understand and implement Health & Safety knowledge, and continuously work towards the Centek Standard Operating Procedure for each task in relevant departments. It also requires an ability to perform well in a team-based environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Using various tools, machinery and computers to complete work which aids in forming part of a finished stop collar or centralizer
- Being an integral part of the quality control process which identifies defective components and finished good throughout the manufacturing process.
- Setting, calibrating and maintaining various pieces of machinery involved in the direct and indirect manufacturing process.
- Organising and maintaining a safe, clean, tidy environment to maximise productivity throughout
- Performing any reasonable duty or task asked of you to the best of your ability.
Technical/Work Based Competencies
- Set up, operate, monitor and control manufacturing processes to meet customer requirements.
- Support manufacturing process design and development through every step of the process.
- Continuously improve the manufacturing process to ensure products meet customer requirements
- Manual handling of steel to manufacture centralisers of varying sizes.
- Fork lift licence not essential but desirable.
- First Aid qualification not essential but desirable.
Key Personal Competencies
Integrity: Show positive, ethical behaviours and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work effectively with colleagues and customers.
Dedication: Maintain a professional approach and a willingness to focus on excellence and commitment to the job.
Intelligence: Have an open mind and develop outstanding skills.
Imagination: Take a proactive approach to work and to problem solving.
- Ensure work processes and products meet specification set out by the Company with reference to the Quality Policy, Audit standards and Standard Operating Procedures etc.
- Adhere to internal Quality systems and audits.
- Ensure working practice is to industry standards such as ISO and API.
- Work in a manner that minimizes negative environmental impacts and conserves energy and that is compliant with environment procedures and laws.
- Understand and comply with any environmental signs, posters, warning signals and written directions.
- Understand and follow all safe standard operating procedures and specific guidelines on usage of chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Ensure all environmental waste is streamed through the correct waste process and disposed of in the designated area.
- Inform and report all environmental incidents and potential hazards e.g. spills immediately.
Health and Safety Security Competencies
- Use equipment, practices and procedures which promote a healthy, safe and secure work environment for you and your colleagues.
- Understand and follow established personal health and safety and security practices.
- Ensure that any equipment is being used safely and follow all safe systems of work practices.
- Comply with local, government and company health, safety, security and environmental regulations.
- Identify unsafe or unsecure conditions and take corrective action by immediately reporting any incident or near miss.
- Understand use of Personal Protective Equipment and Clothing and utilise in designated areas.
Hours of work
Night shift: 36 hours 6pm - 6am (Shift allowance)
Day shift: 40 hours 6am - 4pm (Monday to Thursday)
Applying for the role
In the first instance, please apply to Centek via HR (email@example.com) with your CV/Covering letter.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.